If you are like most homeowners you do not think too much about the components of a refrigerator before it breaks down, or before it comes time to replace it. To ensure you get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be extremely useful to know exactly how it keeps your food cold—and Excel Oxnard Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to find out everything you need to know about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the time to reach out to refrigerator repair Oxnard.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many homes that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard appliance for many years now. A household refrigerator stores food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to prevent rotting and slow down harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from inside of the appliance to the outside, by relying on the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard components of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Excel Oxnard Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a motor and pump, and it is need for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A refrigerator condenser is found on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and will help to disperse the warmth built-up from within the refrigerator then out into the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is housed in the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth trapped inside of it, effectively reducing the temperature inside the unit.
The moment an evaporator stops working, it’s time to enlist a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is transported through a capillary tube which works as an expansion device to cool the gas, transforming it into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the current temperature inside a refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period as necessary.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Oxnard for service right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside the refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the next cool down begins. The unit draws in the cool liquified refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor directs the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the refrigerator, where it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the room and returns back to a liquified form.
3. The cool liquid continues its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator, traveling through the many coils in the interior of the appliance and freezer compartment.
4. The refrigerant then absorbs the heated air from inside the refrigerator, reducing the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The coolant will evaporate, and will return back to a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is found in many applications and large appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from one location and relocating it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a home, provides a safe space for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with Excel Oxnard Appliance Repair.
Excel Oxnard Appliance Repair will fix all major brands and models of refrigerators – that includes restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced appliance repairmen in Oxnard complete training to fix cooling issues, malfunctioning ice makers, issues with condensation, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, digital panels, smart functionality and other malfunctions. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  Excel Oxnard Appliance Repair